Thursday, February 05, 2004
I'm changing the mission of this site.
In my very first post, I stated that the name "Dig The D" was the temporary name, until I could find something better.
It was more than that.
I needed to find a purpose for this site. I bounced around a bit, logging parts of my day along with commentary on issues. However, I found that I was drifting further away from myself. Instead of writing about my day, I found myself pursuing philosophical truths. I have found a need to search for answers. Answers to my questions, and to all of the unanswered questions of our time.
So I'm going to put aside talking about personal matters. I'll do so occasionally, but anybody who keeps up with this blog can tell that I don't seem to focus on such things. Don't get me wrong: I am interested in my own life, and content with where I am now. I just don't feel that need to write about it.
So I'm going to satisfy my need to figure out where the world should head.
Politics won't be the focus. I don't follow politics due to any great love for it, but because it's a neccessary evil. I'll talk about politics when it is pertinent to a philosophical discussion.
I care if people read this blog. I want people to hear me. But I'm not doing this for anybody but myself. Through this blog, I can write out my thoughts, keep them logged, and use them to help figure out the truth.
So I guess I care about you in that I'd like your help in this. When I put forth an idea, I want you to either challenge it, or else help me figure out its significance.
Let us find the light in this world together.
In my very first post, I stated that the name "Dig The D" was the temporary name, until I could find something better.
It was more than that.
I needed to find a purpose for this site. I bounced around a bit, logging parts of my day along with commentary on issues. However, I found that I was drifting further away from myself. Instead of writing about my day, I found myself pursuing philosophical truths. I have found a need to search for answers. Answers to my questions, and to all of the unanswered questions of our time.
So I'm going to put aside talking about personal matters. I'll do so occasionally, but anybody who keeps up with this blog can tell that I don't seem to focus on such things. Don't get me wrong: I am interested in my own life, and content with where I am now. I just don't feel that need to write about it.
So I'm going to satisfy my need to figure out where the world should head.
Politics won't be the focus. I don't follow politics due to any great love for it, but because it's a neccessary evil. I'll talk about politics when it is pertinent to a philosophical discussion.
I care if people read this blog. I want people to hear me. But I'm not doing this for anybody but myself. Through this blog, I can write out my thoughts, keep them logged, and use them to help figure out the truth.
So I guess I care about you in that I'd like your help in this. When I put forth an idea, I want you to either challenge it, or else help me figure out its significance.
Let us find the light in this world together.
Comments:
Post a Comment