Tuesday, December 09, 2003
Today God decided to send me a little memo...
God: You're feeling very comfortable with your life.
Me: *jumps, startled* Oh, hey there God. I guess a polite "hi" for a greeting would be asking a bit much.
God: For what reason would I have developed a need for pleasantries?
Me: Right.....right.
(silence)
Me: So, uh, what's up?
God: You are complacent.
Me: I am?
God: Please do not waste my time with pointless rhetorical questions.
Me: Oh, sorry.
God: Don't worry about it. Jesus did indeed die for your sins. So sayeth the Catholics.
Me: Uh, yes...that was a joke, right......so um, moving on...
God: You wonder why I called you complacent.
Me: Well, uh yes, I suppose I do. I mean, I suppose you're referring to the fact that I haven't really done anything writing-wise since I got my new job. I mean, I know I should start on that, but I mean I've had to worry about other things, and so I haven't gotten a chance to-
God: You cannot fool me. You can barely fool yourself. Yet you are by your nature stubborn, as are all of your brethren. You hear with your ears, yet you do not have ears to hear.
Me: God, you lost me.
God: You have lost yourself. Do not worry. I will help you find you. The curtain that covers your eyes will be as dust.
::end::
And then the memo came, and as far as signs from God go this one was pretty plain. In fact, I was the cause of it.
Every Monday, we have a meeting with Jim, our supervisor. He went over a few items with us. One of those items was our taking too long on our fifteen minute breaks. He informed us that if we clocked in late, we would be docked for an off the clock lunch break instead of a 15-minute coffee break.
Well, as always I spent my first break talking to the lovely Sandy De La Cruz. Today, however, someone else was sitting at the desk I usually sit at to make my break calls. So I had to sit at a different one. One without a clock.
Can you see where this is going?
Yep, you guessed it, Frank Stallone.
Wait, wrong line. Let me try again:
Yep, you guessed it, I clocked in late.
Three minutes late in fact. So I inform Jim of this, and offer to cut my second break to twelve minutes.
"No, you're going to be docked."
So yup, I think the City of Houston might try to knock 30 minutes off my hours because I clocked in three minutes late. Oh, won't that be fun to deal with...
::sigh::
So, yeah, I hate working. Actually, that's not really accurate. When it comes down to it, I will work twice as hard as everybody else if I am motivated to do so. It'd be better to say that I hate *jobs*. I really hate working for other people. I hate having my schedule and work habits dictated to me. I don't want to be bitched at for taking three extra minutes off. All that crap is annoying, sure, but for someone like me it's unbearable. I may be content to work a normal job if certain conditions are met (ie. I marry Sandy and raise a family together that gives me all the fulfillment I need.). However, I am not content to settle for contentment without contestation. My goal in life is not to have a job that I don't hate.
My goal is to life a life that I love living, down to every single second.
I will not compromise.
That's another reason why this blog exists. I need to get back into top writing form, and to do that I need to practice writing. That is why I going to write in here every single day, with only neccessary exceptions. I have to become a writer if I want to die with no regrets. I have no choice.
Wait, fuck that. I'm not a mindless automoton, some puppet of God who only follows the plan he is given. I am David Key, and I will destroy every obstacle in my path that I have to. The only action that I will not take is that I will not destroy the dreams of another. Otherwise, be ready. Because when I have reached the point that I need to reach, there will be no stopping me. I do not doubt myself, and neither should you.
Sometimes it's nice when life gives you a kick in the ass. If there's a God behind it, so much the better.
I am David Key, and before it's over and done with, I will blow your mind.
God: You're feeling very comfortable with your life.
Me: *jumps, startled* Oh, hey there God. I guess a polite "hi" for a greeting would be asking a bit much.
God: For what reason would I have developed a need for pleasantries?
Me: Right.....right.
(silence)
Me: So, uh, what's up?
God: You are complacent.
Me: I am?
God: Please do not waste my time with pointless rhetorical questions.
Me: Oh, sorry.
God: Don't worry about it. Jesus did indeed die for your sins. So sayeth the Catholics.
Me: Uh, yes...that was a joke, right......so um, moving on...
God: You wonder why I called you complacent.
Me: Well, uh yes, I suppose I do. I mean, I suppose you're referring to the fact that I haven't really done anything writing-wise since I got my new job. I mean, I know I should start on that, but I mean I've had to worry about other things, and so I haven't gotten a chance to-
God: You cannot fool me. You can barely fool yourself. Yet you are by your nature stubborn, as are all of your brethren. You hear with your ears, yet you do not have ears to hear.
Me: God, you lost me.
God: You have lost yourself. Do not worry. I will help you find you. The curtain that covers your eyes will be as dust.
::end::
And then the memo came, and as far as signs from God go this one was pretty plain. In fact, I was the cause of it.
Every Monday, we have a meeting with Jim, our supervisor. He went over a few items with us. One of those items was our taking too long on our fifteen minute breaks. He informed us that if we clocked in late, we would be docked for an off the clock lunch break instead of a 15-minute coffee break.
Well, as always I spent my first break talking to the lovely Sandy De La Cruz. Today, however, someone else was sitting at the desk I usually sit at to make my break calls. So I had to sit at a different one. One without a clock.
Can you see where this is going?
Yep, you guessed it, Frank Stallone.
Wait, wrong line. Let me try again:
Yep, you guessed it, I clocked in late.
Three minutes late in fact. So I inform Jim of this, and offer to cut my second break to twelve minutes.
"No, you're going to be docked."
So yup, I think the City of Houston might try to knock 30 minutes off my hours because I clocked in three minutes late. Oh, won't that be fun to deal with...
::sigh::
So, yeah, I hate working. Actually, that's not really accurate. When it comes down to it, I will work twice as hard as everybody else if I am motivated to do so. It'd be better to say that I hate *jobs*. I really hate working for other people. I hate having my schedule and work habits dictated to me. I don't want to be bitched at for taking three extra minutes off. All that crap is annoying, sure, but for someone like me it's unbearable. I may be content to work a normal job if certain conditions are met (ie. I marry Sandy and raise a family together that gives me all the fulfillment I need.). However, I am not content to settle for contentment without contestation. My goal in life is not to have a job that I don't hate.
My goal is to life a life that I love living, down to every single second.
I will not compromise.
That's another reason why this blog exists. I need to get back into top writing form, and to do that I need to practice writing. That is why I going to write in here every single day, with only neccessary exceptions. I have to become a writer if I want to die with no regrets. I have no choice.
Wait, fuck that. I'm not a mindless automoton, some puppet of God who only follows the plan he is given. I am David Key, and I will destroy every obstacle in my path that I have to. The only action that I will not take is that I will not destroy the dreams of another. Otherwise, be ready. Because when I have reached the point that I need to reach, there will be no stopping me. I do not doubt myself, and neither should you.
Sometimes it's nice when life gives you a kick in the ass. If there's a God behind it, so much the better.
I am David Key, and before it's over and done with, I will blow your mind.
Comments:
Post a Comment