<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Eventually, I will rename this blog once I have thought up a better title for it. Sadly, I am not very clever when it comes to captions, titles, and the like. So "Dig The D" it is for now.

Besides, I like it, and isn't that what matters? The way *I* feel about it?

....well, screw you too.

I'm in a weird mood tonight. On the one hand, not so pleasant happenings have happened today. On the other, I actually happen to be in a good mood. And since the not so pleasant stuff is a bit too personal for me to air out here, I'll stick with feeling good for this entry.

You're Lame If You Think This Is Lame:

I bought Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds for the GameCube today. Now, anybody who is around me a lot knows that I have a deep love for the show. I don't really care if a lot of people don't get the show, I don't care if they think it's for girls, and I don't care if they think it's lame. There has simply never been a network TV show with as many layers and as much depth. You can enjoy it on different levels at the same time. If you're an action fan, the show has some very creative fight scenes. If you're into drama aimed at teens and possess some intelligence, you'll understand the metaphors behind the monster of the week premises. (Buffy losing her virginity to an ensouled vampire named Angel, causing him to lose that soul and torment her directly after the act is by far the best.) Perhaps most importantly, the show explores good and evil in a way that allows you to judge for yourself how to define both. I've had many a philosophical debate over the issues raised on the show.

My most important and my most personal reason for loving Buffy is that it's exactly the type of art I someday hope to create. I think the highest praise I can give it is that it has inspired me to reach for something greater, both as a viewer and a writer.

What else can I say? The show means more to me than I can possibly hope to convey through a web blog.

The game just happens to kick ass too, so it all works out.

The agenda for the rest of the week: tommorrow I'm going to do a bullet point entry where I touch on a number of subjects. Friday will probably be dedicated to a subject, and I have two in mind.

By the way, if you want to reach me, my email is at KastellSBlawer@aol.com. Once I get used to this site's interface, I'll put it permanantly on the page. 'til then, you'll have to make do.

Dig The D

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?